Companies and their employees must respond to the rapidly changing conditions that the COVID-19 crisis has thrust upon the workplace. Firms must help their people adapt and evolve to those changes. By addressing these issues now companies will be stronger and prepared for future disruptions.
This article published by McKinsey suggests these six steps to reskilling:
- Rapidly identify the skills your recovery business model depends on
- Build employee skills critical to your new business model
- Launch tailored learning journeys to close critical skill gaps
- Start now, test rapidly, and iterate
- Act like a small company to have a big impact
- Protect learning budgets (or regret it later)